Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summer Research

          Throughout the Summer I have been coming in to UAlbany cancer research lab for research almost every Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. My summer project corresponds directly to the project I did during the school year. During the school year we successfully concluded the existence of a new isoform However there are still many grey areas pertaining to "what is real in our gene?" Many online data bases don't coincide with each other. So the project I have been given is to find the "unknown."  Or to find what are the correct isoforms of this gene?
          The method that I will be using is called RACE (rapid amplification of cDNA ends). Primers are adhered to each end of our sequence. They will read in opposite directions, and we will eventually end up with a sequence from end to end.


RNA PCR (amplify) poly acritamide gelsequence 

From online data bases, I predicted the sizes of the isoforms. These predictions will act as a basis in comparison to the results i come up with during the experiments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment