Friday, January 30, 2015

Milestone 4

Annotated Bibliography:
-provides a background to my project
-also provides a background to my project

                -Polymerase Chain Reaction article 

              - DNA sequencing article 
Reflection:

This whole internship experience has been very challenging, but at the same time also very rewarding. Working in a traditional based lab taught me a lot of the basics required, for example, how to pipette or always wear gloves when working with ethidium bromide. But apart from that, the project that i am working on, especially since i am quite new to this whole experience, has required a lot of patience and persistance, not only from me but form my mentor as well. In the beginning it took a little time to absorb and understand the cell's inner chemistry, or why this solution was being added to this tube etc. However once tha information was processed I began working my own portion of the experiment. At this point my mentor trusted me enough to let me carry out my own lab experiments each day I came in. Of course she was there to answer any question that I had. I think that my project is progressing at a steady rate nd hopefully I will be able to keep that pace up with my mentor's help. 

3 comments:

  1. Iman, you have all the necessary habits of a good scientist - passion, persistence and remaining open to new experiences. Science often progresses in small increments, rather than leaps and bounds, so be patient with yourself as you learn new information and try new equipment. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iman, I've so enjoyed reading your blog because you can see the small steps and the bigger picture at the same time. I'm glad at this point you can see how far you have come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These seem like great references. They should be very useful for your final presentation.

    ReplyDelete